Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Skies over Iowa

Isn't it beautiful. This was the sky when I drove to Des Moines this afternoon to go to the play Almost Maine at the StageWest. Today was the final performance. I had ticket for an earlier performance but (guess what) it snowed that night and my friend advised me not to drive down. As it turned out they were very nice and because I was a season subscriber they allowed me to change to today. There were a lot of people in the same boat. The house was full.

It was a great play and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have been a StageWest subscriber for a couple of years and I have only missed one of the plays and they have all been excellent. Almost Maine was not an exception. Four exceptional actors playing many characters had me laughing and occasionally tearing up (but I am a softie) It was a great way to end a wonderful week-end.

I was planning on going to the Gateway Market after the play to purchase groceries but they were closed. The sky, however, was marvelous.



And then on the way home from the grocery store I saw a beautiful full moon over 13th Street.
I didn't get a great picture but you can see that it is there.
In just two days from now,
tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all of you. Hugs, j

No comments: