Monday, February 1, 2010

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Because it is snowing again and I needed to laugh.

Don't Blame Me Blame Don


Most people think it is improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.' One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.


Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc. Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together.. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.


I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.


Sincerely,
Your Friend






*****************************************************************************
Don't blame me Blame Tom,
(I put it on Facebook that I was sore from yesterday's excursion with the floor. I got this in an e-mail

Upon you saying you were sore, reminded me of the tale of Thor, the Greek God of Thunder.......it was written that he had a bevy of women by his side for all of his sexual pleasures. The story is related that he and a woman had been having sex for the better part of fourteen hours and she had left the room only to return a few short minutes later. Thor it is said, leaped from the bed and while standing on the floor, beat himself in the chest with both hands while exclaiming......." I AM THOR". The woman continue to enter and finally when Thor was done boasting, the woman said, with the lisp that she had......."You're thor, I am sore thor I can hardly pith"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh really out loud. My kids are grown, but I remember actually thinking about straping them to the hood of the car for a roadtrip.

Mary Rose