Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Christmas - by Bob Kelly

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to my friends who enjoy reading Jay's blog!  The nostalgic scene was taken about ten miles west of Rhodes, Iowa, and shows a very antique wooden sleigh, being used in this case as an outdoor display object next to an old barn.  I drove by it slowly, and the scene captured, "me," and when that happens there is only one thing to do…..go back, and I did so. I tweaked it a bit in Photoshop to give it a soft appearance, and to mute the colors to a more neutral tone, while the ribbon and wreathe remained vibrant and bright.  It was a lovely for moment for me to see and visualize, then to shoot and capture, and lastly process it to make it look like I imagined it would.  I hope you enjoy it and have a Merry Christmas wherever you may be.

1 comment: