Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday


"I let my head fall back, and I gazed into the Eternal Blue Sky. It was morning. Some of the sky was yellow, some the softest blue. One small cloud scuttled along. Strange how everything below can be such death and chaos and pain while above the sky is peace, sweet blue gentleness. I heard a shaman say once, the Ancestors want our souls to be like the blue sky."
― Shannon Hale, Book of a Thousand Days


“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” Marcus Aurelius - Meditations


“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
Albert Einstein


Don`t let the sky turn without me. Don`t let the moon shine without me. Don`t let the earth spin without me. Don`t go without me.
~ Rumi


It is Love which paints the petal with myriad hues, glances in the warm sunbeam, arches the cloud with the bow of beauty, blazons the night with starry gems, and covers earth with loveliness.
—Mary Baker Eddy


Hold on to what is good, even if it is a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it is a tree which stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do, even if it is a long way from here. Hold on to life, even when it is easier letting go. Hold on to my hand, even when I have gone away from you.”
Pueblo Blessing


“The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” ~ Rachel Carson


My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
~ Rumi



“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful;
for beauty is God’s handwriting—a wayside sacrament.
Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower,
and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson



1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I liked best the quote about hand holding.