Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday


“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
- Hannus Von Yannah 


“Happiness is a roadside flower growing on the highways of usefulness; plucked, it shall wither in thy hand; passed by, it is fragrance to thy spirit.”
―Martin Farquhar Tupper


"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. The grand and the simple. They are equally wonderful."
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley




"Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."
- Goethe


"For me, trees have always been the most penetrating preachers. In their highest boughs the world rustles, their roots rest in infinity; but they do not lose themselves there."
- Hermann Hesse


The truth was a mirror in the hands of God. It fell, and broke into pieces. Everybody took a piece of it, and they looked at it and thought they had the truth.
~Rumi


The lamps are different but the LIGHT is the same!
~ Rumi


"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe."
- John Muir


"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
— John Burroughs


"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."
- Helen Keller


"All life has just one home - the earth - and we as the dominant species must take care of it.”
Dr. Dame Daphne Sheldrick, Founder of the ‪#‎DSWT‬


"The older you get, the more you realize that it isn't about material things, or pride or ego. It's about our hearts and who they beat for."
-Unknown


Change in ourselves and in the world in which we live may not take place in a hurry: it will take time. But if we don't make an effort nothing will happen at all. Change will not take place because of decisions taken by governments or the UN. Real change will take place when individuals transform themselves guided by the values that lie at the core of all human ethical systems, scientific findings, and common sense.
Dalai Lama



Images from
Old Moss Woman's Secret Garden 

No comments: