Sunday, January 29, 2017

Apiarian


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee, advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
Albert Einstein




No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night. We know that every moment is a moment of grace, every hour an offering; not to share them would mean to betray them.
- Elie Wiesel


Open to me, so that I may open. Provide me with your inspiration. So that I may see mine.
~ Rumi



All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event -- in the living act, the undoubted deed -- there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask.
-Herman Melville, novelist and poet (1 Aug 1819-1891)


“To embrace suffering culminates in greater empathy, the capacity to feel what it is like for the other to suffer, which is the ground for unsentimental compassion and love."
― Stephen Batchelor


It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
~ Rumi



There is a hard law. When an injury is done to us, we never recover until we forgive.
~Alan Paton




"Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do. I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering."
~Caroline Myss



To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate.
~ Sufi Saying


No comments: