Sunday, January 15, 2017

Apiarians



"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee, advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  

- Thomas Jefferson



"This world of ours has everything save and except one thing: peace. And this peace has to start from within. If I have peace of mind, then only can I be of help to you. If you have peace of mind, then only can you be of help to me."
~Sri Chinmoy


"The owner of a cheerful heart will find his joy ever increasing."
~ African Proverb



Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
- Socrates


Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
~ Rumi


“God's first language is Silence. Everything else is a translation.”
-Thomas Keating


I learned that every mortal will taste death. But only some will taste life.   ~ Rumi


Sorrow sweeps clean the house so joy may move in.
Rumi


I saw many humans on whom there were no clothes.
I saw many clothes in which there were no humans.
~ Rumi


No comments: