...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. Geo. Washington Feb. 22, 1732



Sunday, May 14, 2017

Aparian


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect, I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee, advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson


The best way to predict the future is to create it
-- Abraham Lincoln


Before becoming a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or a Christian, let's become a Human first.
~ Guru Nanak.


Compassion is language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
~Mark Twain



Kindness is in our power even when fondness is not.
~Henry James


Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret,
for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
~Robert Brault


"It is nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
- John Templeton


A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.
~Charles Spurgeon



There is one word which may serve as a rule for all one's life - reciprocity.
~Confucius


Love was my only companion, from the beginning to the end of my life.
~ Rumi


No comments: