Thursday, May 11, 2017

Throwback Thursday

This is a watercolor of my great-grandfather's home.
It was in the corner of 13th and Burnett and had a large front lawn. 
The house was built in sections as the family grew. 
My grandfather was one of nine.
I used to spend Saturday evenings there where my great-aunts resided.
Avis, Kate (Catherine) and Liz.  Avis was a school-teacher at Roosevelt Elementary and Kate worked at the College.  Liz took care of my great-grandfather.  She did the shopping and the cooking.  She was very careful with her money and would walk all over to make she could get the best buy.
When she got to the place in her life when could not do as much Avis and Kate did the shopping's.  Aunt Liz did not like that much.  One time they got the list from them and at the bottom was she had written "Go to Hell." 
She also homesteaded in North Dakota and then sold the land as an investment. 
I have many memories of them and I was blessed for having them in my life.

No comments: