Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thanks Su

Su came over and took me to the grocery store Monday evening.  We also went to Dublin Bay for dinner. We both had Corned Beef and Cabbage and it was delicious.  It was so nice to get out of the house and visit with someone.  Su has been taking me to the store so I could get groceries since I lost my license.  She is a real friend and I appreciate her.

I had two of her kids (Ben and Kati) in school when I taught at Edwards School and she nominated me for the Sam's Club Teacher of the Year in 2002.  I was surprised and honored and it came at a really nice time in my life.

After I got sick and went to the hospital and was in the process of moving from my little house on Southdale (which I loved) to a larger house on Glendale (Which is OK) she organized the Masons and teachers to move everything that was in the Southdale house to the Glendale house so that I could come home from the hospital and move in and then a few days later my sister was able to move in to a wheelchair accessible home when she got out of the hospital.  She also visited me in the hospital and did so very many nice things for me.  Besides that she is fun and talented and I really appreciate her.  She also painted my bedroom for me.  I really do not know what I ever did to have a friend like Su but I am grateful for her.  And I know a lot of other people are also because she volunteers many places.  She is always cooking and helps out at the Food Pantry, she makes beautiful quilts which she gives away and is just generally the nicest person I know.

As I said I can always count on Su when I need some help.  My sister and Bruce have also taken me to the store when I needed and Su was unavailable but Su will come over and take me in my car and I really appreciate her being willing to do that as I need to have the car driven.  Thanks Su, You are a real friend. I am glad we have re-connected.

I am not looking forward to more snow but I guess it is on the way. I have two doctor's appointments this week and have called the HIRTA Bus to come and pick me up. That is a really neat service and I appreciate them and the service they offer.  For $2 each way they will pick me up and then when the appointment is over they will come and get me and bring me home. I would not want to use them to get groceries and I could not deal with lugging all the bags on the bus.

I spoke with my probation officer this morning and she told me she is going to recommend that I be released from probation.  That will be nice.  I guess that means I must be doing something right.  I have had a couple of dreams about being able to drive again.  I am really looking forward to having that privilege again.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

what a fortunate man you are to have a 'Su' in your life.