Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Favorite Place


This is my bedroom. When I bought the house it really had crummy wall paper up and I (having been to Egypt in 1976 shared an idea with my very talented friend Su. (Su is the person who organized the Masons and the Teachers into moving me from the Southdale to the Glendale house when I became ill and wound up in the hospital.)

She came in and decorated the room and it is my favorite place. You can see that it is an Egyptian Theme with many Egyptian mementos and I am really pleased with it. It is a special healing place for me.
I usually have the curtains closed or the dogs will bark at the neighbors in the morning and wake me up early. (Of course, they wake me up early anyway most mornings.)
This morning I woke up extra early with a very sore, red, raw throat. I picked up a cold from someone over the week-end and so I am not doing much til I get over it.





These pictures go together but they weren't designed that way. The top picture came out of Christian Peterson's home when his wife had a sale. The bottom is one Ginny made for me. It is one of the lions in front of the Grand Lodge Library and is petitpoint. My sister is very talented.




This is where I sleep. It didn't cost $4,000 like the bed in Texas but it wasn't cheap either and I love sleeping on it. (Bailey does also. He has steps at the bottom so he can climb up.)

Ginny also made the quilt topper for me out of some fabric I found.







Lots of "stuff" Su also painted the lamp and the ceiling fixture.














More "stuff" Great Grandfather Underwood's Past Master's Jewel, an Indian I got in Colorado and a really neat lion that I got in an antique shop in Mt. Vernon eons ago. I used to collect lions as the Underwood family motto - "Noli irritare leonem Irritate not the lion" has always appealed to me.

The papyrus below is one I got when I was in Egypt in 1976 (did I tell you I went to Egypt?)









The borders around the top are all hand done and she spent a lot of time doing them. I sometimes wonder what they say.





The bark above my headboard is very personal. The picture on the right is another one that Ginny did. It is also peti pointe and is the one thing (besides Bailey, Max and Cassie) I would grab if there was a fire.



ARTYAL, Hugs, J-bear (who sleeps in the neatest room in Ames. Thanks again Su.)

1 comment:

Dianne said...

what a lovely, serene, peaceful room

hope you feel better soon