Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I went to the Movie




Jupiter Ascending is a 2015 space opera[film written, produced, and directed by Lana and Andy Wachowski. Starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, the film is centered on Jupiter Jones (Kunis), a down-on-her-luck cleaning woman, and Caine Wise (Tatum), an interplanetary warrior who informs Jones that her destiny extends beyond Earth. 

Supporting cast member Douglas Booth has described the film's universe as a cross between The Matrix and Star Wars while Kunis named its underlying themes of indulgence and consumption.

I have to tell you that the plot and story was predictable but I did enjoy the film.  

It was the first time that I been to a 3-D  I'd seen since I had my cataract surgery. It was nice to see it having to wear two sets of glasses.

As I said the story was not much of a story but I did enjoy the film.  The visuals and graphics were spectacular and I was even on the edge of my seat at times..  I like escapist movies - I was certainly going not to watch Sponge Bob and American Sniper is not something I would like and I had already enjoyed the The Imitation Game and I do like Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis so it was a good choice and I enjoyed it.

No comments: