Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Toad Tuesday



Well, I have been doing some cleaning and rearranging and so things are in pretty good shape right now and so I took some pictures.

I have been given a Lawyer's Bookshelf and so I wanted to get the books on the shelf.  I was amazed in the number of Masonic Books on the shelf.  I thought that it would be just a few books but there whole shelf was filled and the top shelf of the second book shelf was also filled.  Incredible.



This shelf is actually my sister's but she is not using it so I get it to use it.  I like it because there is space to display some treasures.  I may try to show some of them later.



Then there is the space to actually do some work.  I have a crappy desk and I will hope to replace it but it works for now.
 I was trying to take a panorama of the whole area.  The Lion embroideries were done by my talented sister.

Then the other space is the shelf which has way to much stuff but at least it is cleaned up and I can get everything.  Molly likes to sit here on my feet when I work in there.  I am going in there every day to read or write.  It is nice to be in there when the T V is off and I can think about things.


 Then I want to share the bedroom.  It is my favorite room.  My friend Su did the decorating and I have a lot of my Egyptian collection.  It has been cleaned and rearranged and I love the way it shows things off



 You have seen my washbowl and pitcher set.  Then I have my Shaman which I got in Denver on a trip.

I got the David when I taught in Cedar Rapids, the Lion I got from an antique shop in Mt. Vernon and the Past Master's Jewel was my great-grandfather's.



The Egyptian God is the God Thoth - the god of learning.
Thoth's roles in Egyptian mythology were many. He served as a mediating power, especially between good and evil, making sure neither had a decisive victory over the other. He also served as scribe of the gods,credited with the invention of writing and alphabets (i.e.hieroglyphs) themselves. In the underworldDuat, he appeared as an ape, A'an, the god of equilibrium, who reported when the scales weighing the deceased's heart against the feather, representing the principle of Ma'at, was exactly even.
The ancient Egyptians regarded Thoth as One, self-begotten, and self-produced. He was the master of both physical and moral (i.e. divine) law, making proper use of Ma'at. He is credited with making the calculations for the establishment of the heavens, stars, Earth, and everything in them.  Compare this to how his feminine counterpart, Ma'at was the force which maintained the Universe. He is said to direct the motions of the heavenly bodies. Without his words, the Egyptians believed, the gods would not exist.  His power was unlimited in the Underworld and rivaled that of Ra and Osiris. 
The Egyptians credited him as the author of all works of science, religion, philosophy, and magic.







 The bed should in here but I am not ever in it.  I hurt my shoulder one time and so I sleep on my recliner.  So if you want to my house you can use the bed and I also have a twin bed so you can use that.

 Then in the kitchen I have a shelf which is was my mother's for her collection of cups and saucers but I don't know where they are.  I had to pack them away because Miss Cassie knocked one over and broke it.






Then there is my grandmother's desk and I had displayed things there.
 But I changed it around and got the busts out and it is set like this now.

 The flower is memory now but it was nice while it lasted.


No comments: