Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Toad Tales

This video of Roosevelt School (re imagined) is especially  nice as I taught here in                   It was one of the best experiences in my life.  The Principal was Tom Berhow and in my estimation he was an example for all principals.  A gentle man who inspired the teachers and students to be the best they could be.  There are good principals and then there were great principals.  Another great principal was Dallas Rust.  She was one who was more friend than colleague - she was not a principal for me but we worked together with the Language Arts program for the Ames Schools and I was so lucky to have worked with her.

Here is the link to the article.


These pictures were taken by Dean Bridges one of my kids and who also had his kids (I suppose they were grand-kids) when I taught at Edwards. I hope he doesn't my stealing them.











Dean identifies this as "Simser's" room.  It was only my room for four years.  But I love the kids I had there. I am glad that they are still in my life.


I wish I had a fireplace like that in my home.







No comments: