Sunday, November 18, 2018

Aparian


"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  
- Thomas Jefferson




“Life isn't about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.”

~George Bernard Shaw



"Most of my heroes are just decent people.
Decency is rare and underrated."
~Sherman Alexie (b. 1966)



“Love and compassion are necessities,
not luxuries.
Without them,
humanity cannot survive.”

~Dalai Lama XIV
(The Art of Happiness



The Bible itself can be a great asset to faith.
It asserts the holiness of life.
It portrays the love of God as infinite and universal.
It calls us in the Holy Spirit to be all that we can be
John Selby Spong



"When I dance, I dance; when I sleep, I sleep;
yes, and when I walk alone in a beautiful orchard,
if my thoughts drift to far-off matters
for some part of the time for some other part
I lead them back again to the walk,
the orchard, to the sweetness of this solitude, to myself."

~Michel de Montaigne (1553-1592)






“And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.”
Micah 6:8



No comments: