Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Elephants

Quite some time ago I was a member of the Shrine.  It is a wonderful organization and I applaud the work the Shrine does...But...I decided that I could not be a member, for many reasons. They main reason was because they used elephants and there was a lot of abuse in the way the elephants were treated.
I took a demit from the Shrine and send my dues to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee.  Providing home, herd, rest, refuge, 
and individualized care for life.
Then I read a book about The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and his wife and decided that I could foster an elephant. My elephant is ARABA, and this is the time when I pay my dues and I LOVE knowing that I can help in one little way to help with these wonderful animals.



Dear Jay Cole Simser,

Thank you very much for fostering our orphan elephant ARABA, and for your valuable support of our Orphan’s Project.
To read the latest entries in the Keeper's Diary regarding your orphan click here and by visiting our website regularly you will be able to keep in touch with your orphan's life. You will receive monthly updates which will summarize the year along with photographs from time to time creating a valuable record for you to keep.
Most Sincerely,
Angela Sheldrick


No comments: