Sunday, November 25, 2018

Apiarians



"Were I to be the founder of a new sect,
I would call them Apiarians, and, after the example of the bee,
advise them to extract the honey of every sect."  

- Thomas Jefferson

When Alexander the Great visited Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for the famed teacher, Diogenes replied: "Only stand out of my light." Perhaps some day we shall know how to heighten creativity. Until then, one of the best things we can do for creative men and women is to stand out of their light.
-John W. Gardner, author and educator


"The spiritual mind is always metaphorical.
Spiritual thinking is poetic thinking.
It's always trying to put a very diaphanous experience into words,
realizing all the while that words are inadequate."
~Sam Keen (b.1931)


"Those who build walls are their own prisoners.
I'm going to go fulfill my proper function in the social organism.
I'm going to unbuild walls."
~Ursula K. Le Guin (1929-2018)


"I think of the need for more wisdom in the world,
to deal with the knowledge that we have.
At one time we had wisdom, but little knowledge.
Now we have a great deal of knowledge,
but do we have enough wisdom
to deal with that knowledge?"
~Jonas Salk (1914-1995)



"My experience of emptiness is that it is alive
with the possibility of everything waiting to be born."
~Mary Martin (1913-1990)



“You've gotta
Dance
like there's nobody watching,
Love
like you'll never be hurt,
Sing
like there's nobody listening,
and
Live
like it's heaven on earth.”

~William W. Purkey



No comments: