Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ruminations of a Retired Reprobate


I am in the mood to do something different.  My sister's van has to go to Indianola again for another round with the Car Doctor.  It seems that the dashboard just stopped working and you really can't drive a car without knowing how fast you are going. They had it down there last week and I had to make two trips down to pick up Bruce who drove it down and then again when he went to pick it up. Now it will be another two trips.  It is a good thing I am retired so that I can make the trip. The next trip is planned for Friday. That means that sometime next week we will do it again.

I actually enjoy the drive down and back.  Take a couple of different routes so it doesn't get boring. It is a good thing I am retired.

I went out on Craig'slist and found someone to do my mowing.  Andrew is a  Junior from Roland/Story who has a mowing business.  He came Monday and did the first mowing for me.  I liked the job he did.  I decided to pay him the same thing I paid last year's person even though he estimated $5 less than I had been paying.  I like to help young folks who are entrepreneurs.  It was an interesting experience.  In the past people who make estimates have made an appointment and come out and looked the place over.  Andrew made the estimate by using Google Maps to look the property over and e-mailed me the estimate.  He also does movies and one of his movies won an award.  When I told him I had looked at some of his videos he thanked me for looking at them.  I think he is going to go far. I am glad to have gotten to know him and I am thankful to have someone to mow.  And did I say he did a good job.  Of course I did. Here is one of his videos. It won an award.

No comments: