Wednesday, May 29, 2013

These are a Part of Me.

I probably need to repeat the explanation for this series of posts - In the mid 1970's I purchased a blank book and I began to use it to write some things down which I had read at one place or another that I wanted to save.  As with many things I stopped writing in the book but I did find it the other day and so I have decided to share some of the things I had written in it.) 

From Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts.

p 13 -  I can tell you, for example, that there is consciousness even within a nail, but few of my readers will take me seriously enough to stop in mid sentence, and say good morning or good afternoon to the nearest nail they can find stuck in a piece of wood.

  Nevertheless, the atoms and molecules within the nail do possess their own kind of consciousness.  The atoms and molecules that make up the paper of this book are also, within their own level, aware.  Nothing exists -- neither rock, mineral, plant, animal, or air - that is not filled with consciousness of its own kind.  So you stand amid a constant vital commotion, a gestalt of aware energy, and you are yourselves composed of conscious cells that carry within themselves the realization of their own identity that cooperate willingly to form the corporeal structure that is your body

  I am saying, of course, that there is no such thing as dead matter.  There is no object that was not formed of consciousness and each consciousness regardless of its degree rejoices in sensation and creativity.  You cannot understand what you are unless you understand such matters.

p. 19 (Birth is more of a shock than death. Sometimes when you die you do not realize it, but birth always implies a sharp and sudden recognition...)



p 30 - Creation and perception are far more intimately connected than any of your scientists realize. It is quite true that your physical senses create the reality that they perceive.  A tree is something far different to a microbe, a bird an insect and a man who stands beneath it.  I am not saying the tree only appears basic way than it exists in the form perceived by the microbe insect or bird.  You cannot perceive the quite valid reality of that tree in any context but your own.  This applies to anything within the physical system you know.
to be different. It is different.  You perceive the reality through one set of highly specialized senses.  This does not mean that its reality exists in that form in any more
  It is not that the physical reality is false.  It is that the physical picture is simply one of an infinite number of ways of perceiving the various guises through which consciousness expresses itself.  The physical senses force you to translate experience into physical perception.

No comments: