Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Blind Side

Ever since I saw the trailer for this film I have been anticipating seeing it. For one thing I love Sandra Bullock and Kanthy Bates and for another the story just grabbed me. Besides it is a true story.
Here is the synopsis
Synopsis: Drama. (from Rotten Tomatoes) "The Blind Side" depicts the remarkable true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle.


Well, I was not disappointed. As far as I am concerned it is the best movie I have seen all year. There are laugh-out loud-feel-good moments, and poignant tear-your-heart-out scenes. I have always enjoyed Sandra Bullock and this is perhaps her strongest performance. I consider it award winning. She nails the part of Leigh Touhy and touches your heart. Country singer Tim McGraw plays her husband and ther children are played by Jay Head and Lilly Collins.

But the movie's main character as far as I am concerned is Michael Oher played to perfection by 6 foot 9 inch Quenton Aaron. You can learn more about all of them at the IMDB.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie even though I am not a sports fan. (It almost made me want to be one.) The main thing I liked about it was the power of compassion and education and what it can do when applied with love and caring. I whole heatedly recommend it.

No comments: