Monday, November 16, 2009

Did I Leave something out?

Oh yes, a post from yesterday. I didn't do one.

Actually I had quite a nice day. I drove to Des Moines and had breakfast at the Lodge with my friends the Hoffmanns. The kids were well behaved and the adults were also. It was such a good breakfast. The best deal in town. Then I drove home via the back roads and enjoyed the trip. I took two pictures along the way and will upload them with this post.

Only one person on the bike trail.

In the afternoon I slept first. When you have as big a breakfast as I had you need to sleep. Then I worked on dues receipts. They had been piling up since I was down with a lousy cold last week. I also got the Suspended letters out to those we had to suspend from Lodge because they did not pay their dues. I hate that part of the Secretary's job the most.

Aunt Jo and Georgia stopped by to see Miles and Bailey. Miles was excited to have company and acted like a puppy... In other words he was excited and not very nice. I finally put him in his cage in the living room and he was much calmer. I finally got the floor vacuumed from all his mess - He loves to destroy stuffed toys and then later that evening he did it again.

Saturday night I ate at Perkins. There was a little girl sitting at the booth across from me and all of a sudden out of her mouth came the loudest most vulgar noise I have ever heard in a restaurant. Her parents and her grandmother ignored her. They did not correct her or tell her not to behave that way. Just went on talking. Pretty soon she did it again. Several times. Same non reaction from the "adults" -

This is the season for gratitude and I guess I am really grateful that I will never have to have another un-parented child in a classroom. I used to wonder when I would see children acting out in public "who is in charge here" - but I really knew. The manipulative child. Don't even try to tell me that all children are adorable. Some of them are ruined by parents and teachers who have no expectations that they will behave themselves.

Then I noticed the price of gas in Des Moines $2.38 or 9 a galleon. In Ames it is $2.59. It is almost worth driving to Des Moines just to get gassed up. I generally buy my gas down there since I am there so often and it is usually cheaper.. I don't remember it being that much cheaper however.

Well I am 68 now. The penultimate year of my sexagenarian decade. When the decade was ushered in I was still teaching and while I don't make a big thing of the anniversary of my birth others do. I was given a chocolate cow pie via a pink gorilla ( who smelled) and serenaded by the entire wing of the school where I taught. Also a bunch of helium balloons. It was memorable.

I was up and down to the car shop this morning to get the car serviced. 133,000+ miles on my Jeep and it is still running nicely. I really like the place where I take my car. Trust is a great factor with me for a car place as I am like Sergeant Schultz. I know nothing - So I must trust my car guys. And these guys are good.

Well, there you have it. Sunday's Post and Monday's also. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I am glad you had a good day.

Tuesday's Tales in Two Hundred - Going In Circles