Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Master Craftsman Course and an update.


The reason that blogging was light for me yesterday was that I was taking a test. My second one in the Scottish Rite Master Craftsman II program. This test required three essays and they were not easy questions to answer. I would like to see the rubric for the tests so I could get an idea of what they are looking for. But then again maybe they are just looking to see what my reasoning is on the questions.

I won't share either the questions or the answers with anyone as there are others who are taking the tests and it would not be fair of me to do so. I had to answer some multiple choice questions and they were not difficult this time. I had some problems with the first set but the essays required some thought. Some of the ideas were ones which I had discussed with brothers before but had not articulated my answer. I think they are such that six months down the road I could possibly write entirely different answers to the questions.

I also went over to a friends house and helped him with a Blog he is setting up as he prepares for a big trip. It should be exciting and it will be fun to follow along through his blog. I totally goofed up and did not get my hairscut. I had forgotten the appointment, Did not transfer it to my computer calendar and did not look in my book. So I had to reschedule. I have so little hair that I sometimes can't tell that it needs cutting. Oh well, such is life when you get older and are still adjusting to Daylight Savings Time changes. I swear it is easier in the Spring.

The Ames Schools are having conferences. The teachers say what they need to say and the parents hear what they want to hear and the kids might get an idea of how they are doing. In honor of that here is some "educational humor" I found at Grandmère Mimi's Blog - Wounded Bird.
Enjoy!
TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America ..
MARIA: Here it is.
TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America ?
CLASS: Maria.
____________________________________

TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.
__________________________________________

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

(I Love this kid)
____________________________________________

TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD: H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.
__________________________________

TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!
__________________________________________

TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.
_______________________________________

TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I. '
MILLIE: I is..
TEACHER: No, Millie...... Always say, 'I am.'
MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'
________________________________

TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.
______________________________________

TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.
______________________________

TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's... Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.
___________________________________

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher