Sunday, November 22, 2009

Urbandale Deer

I had a meeting in Des Moines this morning (when do I not have a meeting in Des Moines?) and after the meeting I took a dues receipt out to a Brother. He and I went out to eat lunch and to discuss Lodge Business. Then I dropped him at his house and as I was driving up the street I saw three deer in someone's back yard. (YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO EMBIGGEN THEM)

I snapped three pictures and share them with you now.
Hard to see in the one above but they saw me and walked across the street in front of me. I love deer even though I know they are probably destructive to peoples property. But it was nice to see them
They reminded me of one of my poems which I wrote one morning after seeing a deer on the way to school. I went to school and the poem wrote itself before school. It is over at my Poetry Blog and it is called The Lady Deer. Click to read it.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Great job capturing those shots. They remind me of one time when I was walking to a restaurant for lunch with a friend in Evanston, a very urban city on the edge of Chicago . . . and two deer galloped down the middle of the street.

Nessa said...

Deer are fairly common where I am but I always love seeing them. They seem so calm. I like you poem.

Thanksgiving MeMe

DonM said...

I love them too. Braised, roasted, stewed, fried. They are cute as all billy blazes, but destructive isn't the word. Any appropriate word is unfit for public consumption. They are a downright hazard to travel, especially if you are traveling in a small, fuel efficient vehicle or on a motorcycle. Did I say I thought they were handsome creatures. Yeah, in videos taken from some other state.