Friday, November 20, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

Words for this week's 10-word challenge are:
love is a many splendored thing, trucks, inspector, symbols, rising, organic, liberation, costly, smug, naughty


And for the mini:
the nature of the beast, identical, charcoal, braggart, vacation

"Sallyie, I think you need to go on a vacation", said Phrog. "You are not making any sense at all, you naughty girl."

"Oh Phrog, you are right," she replied. "I spent the night at my cousin, the braggart,'s house and he has me so befuddled, the smug bastard, that I feel as if I have eaten a bag of charcoal briquettes. But a vacation would be too costly. I don't suppose we could sell the Magic Parrot could we?"

"No" said Phroag, "last night the Parrot Liberation Squad broke in and let him loose. What you see in the cage is an identical parrot although somewhat organic (but that is the nature of the beast.) Soon the dragon moon will be rising and the symbols will not appear on the parrot's coat and the subterfuge will be apparent to the inspector and he will cart us all off in trucks to the music hall where we will be impelled to sing love is a Many Splendored Thing, for the rest of the century.

words for December 4th... after our US Thanksgiving break next week. I love a break from coming up with words/phrases.

Words for next week's 10-word challenge are: edge, haven, sunglasses, sprightly, telling, frazzled, juicy, quartet, tied, necklace


And for the mini: bees, crackling, wooden, staple, earful

5 comments:

Raven said...

The Parrot Liberation Squad! Wonderful... and a fake magic parrot. I love it! Well done.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Nessa said...

What a horrible punishment for them. This continuing story is so much fun.

Silly Saturday #7 - Charm or Chores?

Reston Friends! said...

Ohh...the Parrot Liberation Squad! I hope they don't branch out to parakeets -- we love ours living with us!

Funny as usual! Enjoy the break!

Argent said...

Haha, fake parrots, is it? Sorry I'm late commenting. when I tried to look at this post on the day it would not render on my screen for some reason. But not it does and I can continue to enjoy Phrog's adventures.