Monday, November 30, 2009

Miles (and Bailey) on Monday

Miles had his first real trip to the groomer today. I take Bailey every 6 weeks and when Max was still with us he went every other time. Of course it did not do much good because invariably Jon would take him to the woods but at least he was beautiful for a day.

6 weeks ago I took Miles along for the ride when Bailey went up and it was fairly easy. I just picked the little guy up and put him in the car. Today it was a different story. He does not (underline that) like to get in or ride in the car. And he is no longer a "little guy" - After much pulling, pushing and shoving I got him in there. Bailey, of course was waiting with a look on his face as if to say " Come on - get in here. The results are below along with more of the story.


So I got him up there and had to coax him out of the car. (Actually there was more pushing, pulling and prodding) but I got him inside. I had meant to take the camera to show you the place and the other dogs that were there but I forgot it (the perils of getting older) and so no photos. He went inside and lo and behold there were three dogs there already. All of them barking and wanting my attention. I of course, gave it to them. Miles, being a boy dog was most interested in a tiny Yorkie female and his nose went right to her nether quarters. (I wonder what a Yorkie/Collie cross would look like....no matter for Christmas Jon has him scheduled to be neutered)

Jon has been working with him on sit, drop and stay but that all went right out the window. He totally ignored me in favor of the tiny dog, (She is only a year old and smaller that Bailey) It was old hat to Bailey and he knew the routine. Miles is going to require some more work but he is (underline that also) only 4 months old and I think he is doing quite nicely.

He has not had an accident in the house since about the second week...of course he is killing off some of my grass--- but no matter. He is very polite and while he does like to jump up on me and put his head over the top of my laptop he is getting better at understanding what I want. He is so very intelligent.

All of this excitement tuckered him out and after coming home and going right outside to do his business it was time for a rest.
The picture below shows that a little bit of Max's ghost may have slipped into Miles as this is typical of the way Max used to sleep in almost the same place. I think they like the cool air and the linoleum to rest on.

Jon came over this afternoon to tell me about his test and lab that he had taken and I played some fetch with Miles Then Jon and Miles played tug. There is a video that is being processed which I will add to this post in about a half an hour so feel free to come back to watch it. (Actually if I were not so cheap I could pay money and go right to the front of the line but I have more time than money so we will have to wait)



Jon and Miles are in taking a nap right now. Jon is going to Utah in January with an ISU student trip. It is to Snow Canyon. He would like to take Miles with him but that isn't going to work out so Uncle Jay will get to spoil him. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week. Hugs, j-bear

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Such handsome dogs!
give them some dump cake while you are at it.

kt.chris said...

The first picture is says it all and is priceless.

Nessa said...

They are both so full of personality.

Rabbit, Rabbit - Hot Footin' It

Ginny Jackson said...

It was great to see my "kids"! The one of Miles in his "Max" pose brought a tear to my eye. One of those days I am getting through one hour at a time.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Ginny tried to leave this comment but Blogger would not publish it.

Ginny has left a new comment on your post "Miles (and Bailey) on Monday":

It was great to see my "kids"! The one of Miles in his "Max" pose brought a tear to my eye. One of those days I am getting through one hour at a time

DonM said...

Lying on the linoleum or other cool places seems to be normal for the "large breeds". My rottie loves to plop down on the stone flooring in front of our garage door. In the summertime, or whenever he has been donig a lot of running, he will plop down right on top of the air conditioner vent on the floor. Of course, no air comes out then, since he is blocking it, but at least he has one cool spot that way.