Thursday, October 6, 2011

Iowa Road Trip

 I went to Des Moines on Wednesday to take the spare set of keys to the Jeep down to the dealership (I know I could have mailed them but I wanted to drive the new car.) and stopped for lunch at at Maid Rite.  I decided to drive home by the back way. Just to see the farmers in the field and the cows by the side of the road.
 This mural was on the side of a building in Woodward.  It is a nice little town and has a well-kept look.
 Two of my friends live there but I don't know where their house is.  And I would not have stopped unannounced.  They have a new baby and I want to see it sometime.. Oh well it is an excuse to go by some other time.

 This house has had some work done and it may be theirs but I have no way of knowing so I just took a picture and if Lucas sees it he can leave a comment and let me know.
 I have taken this picture before.  This is no longer the Masonic Temple but it does show that there has been a Masonic presence in this community for a long time.
 This is a nice brick home on the other side of Main Street.
 The black cows eat more grass than the white ones.
 I love the color of these "ditch weeds"  Except they are a little redder than they show in the picture.
 Down the hill to the Des Moines River Valley

 That is a High Trestle Bridge according to the sign.
 It was hard to get good pictures because of the traffic but I am getting pretty good at drive-by shooting.
 I love scenes like this one of the Des Moines River.
 A beauty.  This is in the town of Madrid.
 They just redid this stretch of the road and instead of paint for the center line they have this material which makes a noise if you drift over onto it.  Seems like we need to give Kudos to the engineers at the Department of Transportation.
 The horses did not want to pose for pictures.




Back to Ames,  This is 6th Street looking East by Duff Avenue.  Golden Arches, Natures way.
I met my State Representative for coffee at Cafe Diem while her son was at guitar lessons.  It was nice to have the time to visit with her and her son was an interesting young man. (He came after his lesson)  We talked about the Governor's new Education Plan for Iowa.
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good day.  Lodge Meeting tonight.

No comments: