Monday, October 24, 2011

A Step Worth Taking

I did it. I cancelled my land line.  I am now a cell phone only person.  I still have my land line phone number.  That was what was keeping me from doing it before. The phone number I had was my grandparent's phone number and I really liked it. I mean I have had that number in my family since I was in High School.  The thing I like about the number is that it is straight down the middle 2 5 8 0.  

When I found out that I could keep that number on my cell phone I was ready to make the change.

Of course there are some disadvantages to the number:

1) children playing phone games are likely to use that number as an easy one to call so I can get phone calls to see if my refrigerator is running or asking whether or not I have Prince Albert in a can.

2) It is the same last for digits for Scott Randall Real Estate so I get calls asking if I have an apartment for rent.. (That actually will come in handy when I get the downstairs fixed up to rent to a quiet, non-smoking, single quiet student who loves to shovel snow and mow grass.) Their number starts differently 233 rather than the number I get my calls on.

3) it is also close to the Coach House Gifts number (theirs is 3580) and so I get calls about candles and cards and how many do I want.

But those are minor and all in all I love the number.  Aside from that I really didn't do much of anything this week-end.  I had a "Movie Night" last night and watched 3 movies which I had DVRed overnight.. Since there wasn't anything else on that I wanted to watch I saw"

1) About Schmidt
2) Krull, the Conquerer.
3) Max Dugan Returns.

I would list Max Dugan as my favorite of the three and About Schmidt as the second favorite. I had seen both of them previously and loved them both.  The Krull movie was OK. I like Kevin Sorbo the lead actor so that made a fantasy palatable.

I accidentaly deleted The Good Wife so I will have to watch it on HULU tomorrow.  I did watch the new show "Once Upon A Time"  and I enjoyed it.  It probably won't last for that reason.  There has not been much new to watch this season that I am interested in.  The new Tim Taylor show is just a redone Tool time with daughters instead of sons.  I watched about 1/2 of the first show before I gave up on it. I am mad at ABC for taking Brothers and Sisters off so I am boycotting Desperate Housewives...
Thank God for PBS.  Have a great week and Thanks for stopping by

No comments: