Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy (Chinese) New Year

This is the year of the Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac. Lots of people want to predict what you will be like depending upon when you were born.  Astrology tells me I am a Scorpio.  The Chinese Astrology says that I was born during a year of the Snake.  They want me to believe that I have certain characteristics because of when I was born.  Funny I don't feel determined, forceful, emotional, intuitive. powerful, passionate,exciting or magnetic, nor am I jealous, resentful, compulsive, obsessive, secretive, or obstinate.. Well maybe a little secretive and obstinate. Those born in the year of the snake are supposed to be good mediators, good at business, Keen, cunning, quite intelligent and wise.


Everybody wants to predict the future. Right now there is a program on the History Channel about Nostradamus  who made many predictions.. The thing is who knows and who cares  If we are indeed spiritual beings then our existence does not rely on the material world and whether or not the world ends (according to the Mayan Calendar) we will be held eternally in Mind.  And if not we won't be around to worry about it.  Therefore we should enjoy our lives as best we are able and live to the fullest that which has been given to us... the present....All that really matters.  The gift is the present.  Enjoy your week and be grateful for life and wonder at the life around you. The greatest gift ever given to you.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I was born in the year of the Aardvark.