Monday, January 16, 2012

Breakfast Sunday


The Masons of Waveland Park Lodge hold a breakfast on the third Sunday of the month.  The first time I went to one of these I was invited down by a couple of Brothers from Arcadia Lodge.  It is an excellent breakfast and it helps a good cause.  They use the proceeds for their charitable work.
I met Steve and Gloria there this morning.  I had not been down for over a year. (part of the not feeling well all last year).  I snapped some shots around the room.  There were a lot of people coming in and out this morning.  


It is nice because I got a good breakfast for $6 (I always give them more) -  For that I got an omelet, a half order of biscuits and gray, sausage links, American fries, orange juice, and coffee. I could have ordered more or asked for seconds. Pancakes and French toast are also available.  Milk and regular toast is also available. Really the best bargain for breakfast in central Iowa.


We sat there from 10:00 until 12:00.




 Some folks bring the whole family and others come by themselves.
 The food is served by the Masons along with friendly smiles and refills for coffee and OJ or milk,
 There was a pretty steady stream of customers coming in.
 The pool table serves as a serving table.

The kitchen crew.

Steve and Gloria were selling Girls Scout cookies for their daughter so I purchased my annual allotment of GS cookies. (a lot) I was disappointed as I had been hearing about the new cookie but evidently they are not available in Iowa.  Aslo Gloria was out of Thin Mints and Short Bread so I could not get those. Oh well. 

After breakfast I ran out to Costco to get the Sweet and Salty breakfast bars that I usually have for breakfast and then I went to the Fluer Theater to see Meryl's movie Iron Lady.  I had to see it in Des Moines because Cinemark was not showing it in Ames. (Have I told you how much I dislike the Cinemark experience?)  I have mixed emotions about the movie as a whole but not about Miss Streep's performance.  It was a tour de force.  She played Mrs. Thatcher to perfection.. Almost made this ultra liberal blogger like her.  I guess I can like her for her strength and ability without agreeing with her politics

I also finished reading Executive Intent and started The Secret Crown (which is fast paced and really good.    

No Miles this week-end.  I didn't even see Jon but he called me because he is going to need a ride to the High School one day this week because his car is going in to be serviced.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: