Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This 'n That

For the last year I have been having difficulty.  Followers of the blog know that I was ill, I fell, I had to get a new transmission on my old car (and then a new car). I had no energy and did not feel like doing much of anything.  I even made the Madpriest's prayer list a few times.  HOWEVER, things seem to have changed and are much better.  For the first time in over a year I feel human again.  Oh sure there are days I just stay home and putz around on the computer (God forbid that I should clean/sort/pick things up or file anything) but I feel fine.  And I have gone out to eat three times with friends in the last two weeks.  Two former students asked me if I wanted to have lunch and it was so very nice to have an adult connection with them and have a great lunch and conversation.  Matt N and I ate at the Flame and Skewer last week and Yoni  and I ate at Stompin' Grounds today.  Yoni is going to Israel and Kenya and will be gone until next July.  He graduated from college and is applying to graduate schools.  


Sunday night after Lodge Installation Kurt and I went out to eat at Django's -  It had been over a year since I had eaten there.  I had seen a dish on the Internet that looked good and then a recipe showed up so I looked at it and decided that I could make that.  And then there it was on the menu:



Beef Bourguignon                                                                                         
Boneless beef roast braised in red wine with carrot, mushrooms, 
pearl onions and bacon served over buttered egg noodles.

so I was able to have that rather than have to cook it myself.
Of course there was also an appetizer:


Herbed Goat Cheese Croustades  Baked herbed goat cheese and                  
ratatouille finished with pesto and served with toasted baguette
and soup
 Tomato Artichoke Bisque


And a nice glass of wine.  I could not eat it all and the second best thing about the dinner (the best thing was being able to dine with Kurt) was enjoying the leftovers the next evening because I brought it home.  Bailey even enjoyed a bite or two.

The Lodge installed its fourth Worshipful Master and since Kurt and I had the idea to start the Lodge it was sort of a celebration and a chance to catch up because we had not been able to eat together and just visit for a long time. It was a good evening.

When you live alone and have a chance to go out three times to visit with someone and have a nice meal and re-connect with one and continue a reconnection with another former student who have now become friends it is a happening worth mentioning.  So I did.  Happy Wednesday, everyone.  Stay warm.  Hugs, jcs

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm glad you're feeling happier, more energized
you're a wonderful person who deserves the best