Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quote of the Day

I've come to believe in Tim Tebow, but not for what he does on a football field, which is still three parts Dr. Jekyll and two parts Mr. Hyde.
No, I've come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.  
Rick Reilly

I had a critical post about Tim Tebow up earlier because I really don't like people who make a big show of praying in public.  I got a comment on it which directed me to this article and I watched a spot on TV about him and I have (somewhat) changed my opinion. So in fairness I have taken that post down and request that you read this article and perhaps cut him some slack as I will now do.
  

2 comments:

Dianne said...

funny you posted this, I too have been thinking I should be easier on the kid

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I was already feeling guilty when Anna pointed out to me that the article I had referenced in the other post had been taken down. "Guilt the gift that keeps on giving." I felt better about him after reading the linked article. No no one can say that I never change my mind.