Friday, February 3, 2012

Bailey

Bailey had a health crisis.. Well he is 16 years old so what do you expect?  Anyway on Wednesday I took him up to Story City (where my Vet practices) and she drew some blood and his levels indicated that he was dehydrated.  He had been walking around in circles for hours on end and was not going to the bathroom. He evidently was confused and could not find the water or food dish.

We decided that we would let him stay there and give him an IV to see if the lack of hydration was causing the problem or something else. Long story short. I didn't mention it on here because as a former Christian Scientist I don't like to discuss medical issues. And of course I was floating down that fabulous river in Egypt  - deNile.. But I worried.  He stayed there two nights and systems seem to have returned to normal.  He has some canned food and they said I will have to hold him and make sure he eats and drinks but I can do that.

Back to normal.. I'd say so.  He did walk around in circles for about 15 minutes but it was not a frantic walk around and bump into everything that he had been doing and eventually he did settle down and this is a picture I snapped of him napping..Oh and one more thing. He peed on me on the way home so I know that system is working.  To be fair he held it as long as he could but I thought he was just nervous and didn't think he would have to pee.  I was wrong. Now I must go put the clothing in the dryer.  Hold good thoughts for my little buddy please, and have a great week-end.  Hugs,  j

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

What anxious news; thank you for keeping us posted.

John said...

Jay, we've exchanged e-mails about Bailey over the past couple of days, and all the critters here continue to send most excellent vibes his way.

It occurred to me that some folks might not understand what remarkable dogs Yorkies are. This URL: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/yorkshireterrier.htm gives a fine description of Yorkie temperament. What wonderful little dogs they are!

I'm SO glad he's home again, and with his dad!