Wednesday, February 8, 2012

There is a new place to eat in Ames.  Oddfellows Burger Kitchen has opened in the Northern Lights Shopping Center.

The greeter is a suit of armor dressed in a Fraternal Robe and I just had to get a picture of him.  I asked about the name and was told that the owner found it on-line.  We used to have an Odd Fellows Lodge in Ames and my friend and brother Adel Thockmorton was active in it.  You can read about them here..

I had eaten in this space previously as there have been several restaurants in there before.  One was run by a former student's Mother.. (Palmas),  This, however is more of a specialized place.



Burgers are the main fare but you can get other things.  The menu is here.  I could have had fries, tater tots or mac and cheese as a side.  I choose the mac and cheese.  The bun is homemade and was delicious.  I really enjoyed the burger and the bacon in it was crisp and also delicious.


The restaurant was funky, the food delicious, and the staff was friendly and attentive.  I will definitely return.  Besides any place that has a Dr. Seuss quote on the wall gets my vote.




No comments: