Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Prophecy

 I totally enjoyed The Prophecy by Chris Kuzneski.  A Jonathon Payne/David Jones Action Thriller it begins with the Seer Nostradamus and a prophecy which he left is a puzzle box for his descendant.  


Move to modern times and Jonathon Payne is holding a fund raising event for his charity in the Cathedral of Learning on the campus of the University of Pittsburg where a young woman who has just asked him for help in solving a mystery is murdered.  The action picks up and eventually leads to a conclusion. A fast paced easy and enjoyable read.  I liked it very much.
One of the things I liked about it was learning about the Cathedral of Learning.  A very real and unusual center of learning on the University of Pittsburg campus.  Filled with Nationality Rooms the Cathedral could be a destination place to visit.  At least I am sorry I did not know of it before when I drove to meetings in Pennsylvania and Boston several years ago.  I would have made it a stop-over.


I don't know where Chris gets his ideas for his books but they have all been entertaining and exciting to read and I learned something from each of them.


I did get one in the mail that I had ordered and discovered that I had already read it/  The book came out in 2006 and I must have read it then.  I will read it again.

No comments: