Monday, February 6, 2012

Chris Kuzneski

 Chris Kuzneski is an American author who made it big in the United Kingdom and is now a best selling author in the US.  I discovered him with his book about King Ludwig II   - The Secret Crown.  Because of that book I became a fan of Kuzneski and have now purchased 4 more of his books which I have begun to read.  The first I read was The Plantation which begins with several abductions.  It is not a book for the squeamish as it is quite violent.  However it is well researched and it grabs the reader and takes you on  a roller coaster of an adventure to rescue the captives and wreak vengeance on the perpetrators.

Kuzneski self-published this book and sold it to his friends and was discovered by his (now) literary agent.

The Lost Throne is set in Greece (and St. Petersburg Florida and Russia) and moves back and forth between the various settings.  The books stand alone but have two recurring characters Jonathon Payne and David Jones,  former MANIAC's who are able to finish each others sentences, and are continually joking back and forth with a delightful repartee which takes some of the edge off from the violence. I have only read about 211 pages (there are 495).  Last night (Saturday) I read until 1:30 until I  finished The Plantation.  Today Bailey slept on my lap for about 2 1/2 hours while I read The Lost Throne.  I will probably read all week until I finish them. Then they will be up for loan.
No Miles today, he hasn't been around.  Have a great week.  Hugs, j

No comments: