Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday

I am so very tired,  Work was very boring.  The phone rang less than five times and no one really came into the office.  I did get my dues cards ready for SRICF so they can be sent out when the dues are paid but that did not take long.

My arm is still sore.  I wonder if I did something serious to it. Perhaps I shall see a doctor if it does not get better by next Monday. In the meantime I think I shall go to bed early.  Thanks to John for sending me the cat poster.

 I guess poster speaks for itself.  Lots of stuff going around about the Rapture.    I have an idea. If you are raptured, take a picture of yourself ascending and e-mail it to me and I will post it on the Buddy.  You should be able to do it before you get out of cell phone range.




My favorite Pun (well one of them anyway)
There was once an island kingdom whose people were all fabulously wealthy. Even though they could have afforded to live anywhere they wanted, tradition dictated they stay on their tiny island home.
Eventually, their king became frustrated and called a meeting of the tribe's elders. He said he wanted them to figure out a way he could enjoy his wealth, and stay within traditional guidelines.

After much consideration, the elders suggested he build a magnificent throne. When he objected there was not enough room in his hut for a throne, the elders suggested he call in an engineer to solve the problem.

Soon, the king's tiny hut was rigged with an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys. He could lower the huge throne for use during the day, and at night, he could haul the throne up, and lower his bed. This was truly the best of both worlds for the king.
Unfortunately, after a few months of constant use the ropes frayed, and one night, the throne slipped and came crashing down on the king, killing him.
The wise men of the island recognized a lesson in this experience and added to the lore of their people this statement: "People who live in grass houses should not stow thrones."

2 comments:

susan s. said...

An excellent pun!!!
Madpriest pointed us in your direction.
Love the lolcat!

I hope your arm feels better soon!

JCF said...

Have stolen the Rapture warning...