Wednesday, May 25, 2011

His n' Hers

 Once a month I make the trek down to Main Street to visit my "groomer"  -  The boys went on Monday and I went on Tuesday.

His N Hers is a very pleasant place to go.  Marsha and Kim (owner) are a lot of fun and it is always nice  to visit.

I don't have many hairs to cut so it doesn't take long but it is good to have it done.  I always feel better after a visit there.


This is the view as you walk in the front door.  Just to the right is the waiting area but I have seldom had to wait.

Marsha is always waiting for me.

  Just as I got ready to sit down the phone rang and as Kim was washing a lady's hair so Marsha had to answer it and take the appointment.  Kim is filling up for Thursday and she is getting ready to go to California for a wedding so she will be busy.
 I make like Yoda and hunker down hairs to cut for the moment.





Marsha is one of those people who make connections for me.  She used to do my mother's hair and she does my Aunt Jo and I really like her. (I like Kim also)  Because she knew my mother I feel like I am close to her when I am in here.  She sometimes has more current news about the family than I do.  I get (or I used to get until I cut back) really busy and don't see family a lot so she sometimes knows when Aunt Jo is going north to the cabin in Minnesota before I hear about it.
Kim stopped by to see how we were doing after her appointment left.

It was kind of fun.  This lady (that Kim was working on) came over and said "Are you Jay Simser?"  I recognized her as the daughter of one of our stalwart Masons from years ago.  I told her that I really missed her parents.  Mac and Margaret were great friends.





I saw some of the Art work on the walls for the first time today.  It is funny when you are taking pictures for the blog you see things you don't usually see,  These are in the back part of the Salon where I don't ordinarily go.  I think they are fun.
One last shot and it was time to go.  I had been cleaned up, spruced up and made to feel good and it was fun to see my friends.  Appoitnment made for next month.

No comments: