Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Experience The Machine

Today I experienced this machine.  Readers of this Blog will know that I fell. And that I went to the doctor and that he suggested I have an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) - the appointment was today.  At 12:30.  I decided to run through Micky D's on the way to the doctor just a quick run through, but I had to wait - you know one of those "please pull ahead and we will bring it out to you. It took 10 minutes.  I was still on time but I didn't feel like I was on time.

I got there and had to fill out a questionnaire.  (I just love those) and then it was off to the Imaging room where I had to take everything except my underwear off.  I had one of those assistance who said things like "Now we will just go right down this way"  and "are we all right."  I was told to take my shoes off.  But I can't do that,  I had this ankle fusion operation and I have to wear the shoe over the brace I have to wear and without the shoe I would have no traction and would fall right on my keister.  Well we worked that out  She brought in a wheel chair and rolled me to the side of the torture machine and I could hop on it.

OK fine.  I thought.  Next she got some things for me raise my legs up and a pillow.  A cuff was placed over my shoulder and sand bags used to hold it in place. ear plugs and head phones were placed on my head, I was warned not to breathe deeply and not to move.  Well that was OK but they then shoved me up into the machine... I lasted for one rotation and had to have another pillow for my neck which was needing support.

I eventually got through the procedure (I closed my eyes so I would not have claustrophobia kick in) and was released.  I could hardly move my arm or sit up.  Pain.  I drove home using mostly my left arm and got into my recliner after taking two aspirin and covered up with my warm blankie and took a nap. For three hours... My arm was really sore as were various other parts of my body. But I had survived the Machine.

I made it out to York Rite (dinner at Buford's) and got home. Jon came over and took Miles for a run. He likes the look with the trimming Miles got on Monday.  My arm and shoulder are still sore.  I go see the Dr next Tuesday to find out the next step on what we are doing with the shoulder. Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, j

1 comment:

John said...

Ain't it fun?