Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Bouquet

My mother taught me to wear a white flower on Mother's Day if your Mother had passed. You wore colored is she was still alive. Mother died 15 years ago and I miss her every day. She always loved flowers so I went around Ames and picked some flowers for her from all over town. Enjoy.


First some pictures from Country Club Boulevard south of the ISU Campus.












Next it was out to the campus.  First Lake LuVerne

A shot of Beardshear Hall through the trees.
The iconic Campanile 

Love the shadow.
More of the Campanile 

Central Campus


And finally on the way home some of the ubiquitous Redbud trees (Cercis canadensis) along 6th Street.


Folks were out enjoying Brookside Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had an extensive drive by shooting time, taking these pics all over town. You got some of the best views for sure. This truly is my most favorite time of the year! Thanks!!

Bob Kelly