Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Toad Tales


Well it is time for Toad Tales again (that is what I use when I don't have anything in particular to write about so I just free associate and let you see in to the Swiss Cheese of my mind.

I have been busy reading this week-end.  I got an offer from Amazon for some books for my Kindle - Mysteries and the like for $1 each.  So I got four of them and started reading.
John K sent me this


 Among the books I got was Brainrush by Richard Bard.  I think it was the third book I read and low and behold it was the first in a series. So I ordered 2 and 3 and they appeared on my Kindle in a matter of seconds.

As I did not have anything in particular to do this week-end I have been having a Bard Marathon.  #s 1, 2 and 3. and I just took a short break so I could do the Blog and have the last one to finish.

They are not slow reads.  Fast paced action with a cadre of heroes lead by Jake Bronson who developed super mind and body powers following an MRI accident.  He gets involved with terrorists and aliens who are sitting in judgement on the world and have been watching us for thousands of years to see if we would develop beyond the violent nature which seems to be inherent within our being.

Be that as it may The novels run all over the place from Italy to California to Mexico to Afghanistan (and that is just in the first one.

I am at the point where I do not want to finish the last one because these folks are my friends and I kind of want to keep them around.  But I have others to read and a couple of serious books I am looking forward to.

I think I could be happy in a job where I got paid just to read and enjoy books.  I would not want to have to pass judgement on them as I generally give everything I read four or five stars.. Nothing discerning about me.

When I was in Des Moines Friday Night I took MLK, Jr. Drive south of downtown and tried to snap some pictures as I drove.  They did not come out to well but I am going to share a few of them just because I took them and I think they are kind of interesting.







Molly has been sitting here staring at me as if she either 1) wants to use the computer or 2) wants one of my crackers that I am munching on.  And Jon just asked me to proofread a paper for him.  Have a nice Tuesday..

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I thought you were going to talk about "Frog and Toad', one of my favorite series.