Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday

“Most of the people I know who have what I want–which is to say, purpose, heart, balance, gratitude, joy– are people with a deep sense of spirituality. They are people in community, who pray, or practice their faith; they are Buddhists, Jews, Christians– people banding together to work on themselves and for human rights. They follow a brighter light than the glimmer of their own candle; they are part of something beautiful.”
-Anne Lamott from Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith

Without inner peace it is impossible to have world peace.

~ The Dalai Lama


Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
 Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.

~Saadi

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere; and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself…"
[from elephant journal: Carpe Diem!]


 Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.

~Swami Sivananda
"Not to hurt our humble brethren [the animals] is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission: to be of service to them whenever they require it." - Saint Francis of Assisi 

I bear many scars, but I also carry with me moments that would not have happened if I had not dared to go beyond my limits.
~ Paulo Coelho (born August 24, 1947) is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist

Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be first in love. I want you to be first in moral excellence. I want you to be first in generosity.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
 I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.

~ Frederick Douglass

1 comment:

Harpers Keeper said...

The phot of the two white flowers is mesmerizing. Thanks