Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Toad's Tuesday



Mr. Toad has been hopping around to find some things for your enjoyment.


First up, The worlds largest cave has been discovered in Viet Nam.  This is truly remarkable. Thanks to Don M for finding it.

Click here to go see.

Next an incredibly lovely video of the sky.


You should open this up to full screen to watch it.

Then my favorite take down of all time....
What Do Teacher's Make?





Monday (yesterday) I took Molly up to Story City to get her toenails trimmed.  It was 100 degrees so we just went up and right back home but I did stop at Slim's Fruit stand and picked up some tomatoes and sweet corn. I took Molly home and ran out to get some bread (the other loaf had mold on it) and some bacon.  I cooked up the bacon, sliced the tomatoes and toasted the bread.  Then I cooked the sweetcorn in the microwave.  I had heard of this method before but had not tried it.

I googled it and found the video below and my oh my it made for good corn.  I had three ears.  As my Aunt Ellen uses to say.  "My sufficiency is satasfied."


Current Grammatical Gripe

and I.

Here is the link to the explanation.  But here is the best answer. (From Yahoo Answers)

Proper Use of "and I" or "and me"?

.
Why do so many people not get this?
First of all, the other person's name comes first, for instance it is not, "Me 

and John are going to the mall." Treat it as though the other people have 

more importance to be named first.


For the right way, if you take away the other person's name, you can tell 

which to use:


"John and me are going to the mall."


"Me (am) going the the mall," that sounds wrong. So it would be "John 

and I are going to the mall." (I am going)

THEN,

For other way


"Do you want to go to the mall with John and I ?"


Take them away, "Do you want to go to the mall with I ?"


That sounds totally wrong, so it would be "Do you want to go to the mall 

with John and me?" (to the mall with me)
It drives me nuts that even characters on tv get this wrong.
Does it make sense to you now?


And now Burning Man (an event I have always wanted to participate in) 

aseen from a drone.

That is it - Back to Toad Hall.



No comments: