Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Toad Tripping

 Well it is Tuesday again and time to hop around with Mr. Toad. 

I went to the Movie on Friday.  The new Robert de Niro/Michelle Pfieffer film The Family was fun to watch - at times.  A violent film and predictable but I was in the mood for a movie so it did not bother me that I had gone.  If I had read the reviews I might not have.  

I am reading the book 1493 by Charles C. Mann. Mann talks about the Columbian Exchange set off by Christopher Columbus. It follows 1491 by the same author and both books are interesting to read although I must admit I enjoyed 1491 more.  I find the history of the indigenous people and the numbers that inhabited this hemisphere before Columbus.  Columbus is responsible for so much. The demise of the peoples of the Americas and the changes in the Ecology of the world.  It makes me wonder what the world will be like in 100 years. 

There is a new TV show that started tonight.  Set in Sleepy Hollow 

Ichabod Crane wakes up in 2013.  He must keep the Horseman 

from recovering his head.  I will watch it one more time



The Fall political season is beginning again. It shall be fun to watch and see if President Obama (I love saying that) will really hold his own with the Republiscums who want to negotiate the Debt Ceiling which he says is "off the Table." They are slated to try to repeal the Affordable Care Act for the 42nd time.  I do not understand why they want to do that.  I am in what is known as the "doughnut hole" according to my pharmacist.  I was told the medicine I was supposed to take would cost $120 and it is usually $40.  So I told him to "forget it."  I had to pay estimated taxes today. That is $450 so no pills. - I told the doctor he could find me a generic to take but he wanted me to stay on the ones I am taking so he gave me some samples.  This has never happened before so I think someone has been fucking around with Medicare. I think I may have to go back to C S.


I read this out loud and got them all right.  At least I think so.

This is so true.  I hang out around a lot of OLD people so I know.

The below was shared on Facebook.
The Badpiper
I had never seen a flame throwing bagpipe before.


I was sitting in the living room today and a flock of birds stopped by.  I got my camera out and got a movie.  As far as I know they could be sparrows but that would be all right I love sparrows. However they don't seem to be the right color for sparrows.  I thought they might be some sort of finch but when I looked finch up the only one that looks like these is the Greenfinch and they are found in Europe. So your guess is as good as mine. If you know leave a comment.  Can you identify them?


1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I am biased that the only 'retired people' i see are sickly depressed, struggling and often with ill tempers.