Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Introspection

The dogs are on the early daylight savings time. They are getting up early. I may have to close the curtains.

In thinking about my life and where I am in it I think I have a few regrets. My biggest regret is that I have so few "real" friends. Oh sure, I have a lot of acquaintances and people to have lunch and coffee with, but to have a person so close that nothing you can do will put them off is something you just don't find easily.

Our Grand Master and his wife have such a friendship. When you see them together you see the couple "made in God's image" It says in Genesis that "God created man in his own image, male and female created He them." Denny and Janet complete each other and you can see it when they are together.

Lots of husbands and wives are that way. It doesn't always happen in a marriage. Lots of husbands and wives aren't that way. Perhaps it is the reason that divorce rates are so high. It can happen with members of the same sex also. I think of David and Jonathan and Oprah and her friend that she travels with. Not a sexual relationship but a friendship so deep that nothing can destroy it. I am not sure but I think there was a Masonic connected organization at one time (The Knights of Pythias I think) that was based on the friendship of Damon and Pythias - Yes I was right I found them on the Internet at - http://www.pythias.org/pythstory/

I have a few friends that approach that. I remember re-connecting with a friend from college and we just picked up where we had left off so many years ago. We don't see each other that often but we keep in touch by e-mail and that is one of the great things about the Internet. Finding information about almost anything is another terrific advantage. After I get through with this I am going to read more about the Knights.

Anyway, that is my one regret. Not to have a friend who is that close. - Well that is enough of my "pity party" as Ginny would say. Time to get dressed and watch General Hospital

No comments: