Friday, February 23, 2007

Jottings



This was the picture of me taken at Acanthus last Monday night. The Brother who took it wanted to have the pillar growing out of my head. It actually isn't too bad a picture for an old coot. It looks as if I am carrying the weight of the world on my head. Either that or balancing a flower pot with a globe in it on my head.

I had Eastern Star School today. Every year they come to the Chapter and spend the afternoon helping us to do our work and to do it well. For the past several years Jean Koss has been our District Instructor and she is good. She is kind and helpful and never makes you feel like you are a dummy. She also has a good sense of humor and I really like listening to her instruct.

I am always grateful for the friends I have made through the Masons and Eastern Star. They are some of the best people in the world and if I had never joined I would have missed our on knowing many of them. But I will tell you I am glad to be home and in the recliner ready to watch TV.

They are threatening weather this weekend and I am so not looking forward to that. Stay warm! j

No comments: