Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Profound Thoughts

I don't usually think profound thoughts. Sometimes something will pop into my head but it is usually something I have heard elsewhere. Sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking about something interesting. Not profound but interesting. More often than not I think about the coffee that is waiting for me in the kitchen. (I love my timer on my coffee maker.)

This morning there were a couple of things popping around in my head. When I was a kid I used to go to Adel with my family to visit my Uncle Herold and Aunt Fran. They had a record that I really liked. It was called It's In the Book and it was a take off on an old time gospel preacher reading Little Bo Peep. I found it on the internet the other day. You can read it here.

http://www.turoks.net/Cabana/ItsInTheBook.htm

Just copy and paste the above in your Web browser.

The second thing popping around were the seven synonyms. In my church we have seven synonyms for God. They are used interchangeably and all demonstrate an attribute of the Deity. They are Life, Truth, Love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, and Principle. None of those words suggest that anyone should be put down, discriminated against called names, or bullied. I am reminded of a poem I read someplace and as usual I was able to find it on the internet.

He drew a circle that shut me out--
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

So that is the profound thinking for today. As long as you have Love on your side you will be all right. All will be well.
Have a good day and thanks for listening!

No comments: