Sunday, February 18, 2007

Musings on the Weekend

I had a really good week-end. I practiced at Church Saturday Morning (I am Second Reader) and then slipped down to the movies to go see "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore.

I really liked the film although some would classify it as a "chick flick". I don't know why people do that. It was a romantic fun movie with little sex and almost no violence in it. Drew Barrymore has matured into a fine actress and Hugh Grant has great timing and is fun to watch as an aging pop star given a chance to write another song and make a comeback. Just a fun afternoon and then I went out and bought the CD.

Last night I worked on my "My Space" page. I don't know why I have one of these but some of my cousins have them and it is a way to keep up with what they are doing. It is exciting to learn something new. It is not much of a page but was fun to mess around with.

Yesterday the Intendant General called me up and we made plans to attend the United Grand Imperial Conclave in June in Houston. I have never been there and we are going to drive to San Antonio first as Glenn and his wife have never been there and it is one of my favorite cities. I went out and did a Mapquest on the trip. We will come back through Dallas and I hope to see Lee and Amy on the way back.

Today (after church) I went to Eastern Star practice and then Lodge practice. Actually we all sat around and visited more than we practiced but it was great to be with these folks and I enjoyed the time with them.

At the movies I was watching the previews and got to thinking of how many of the movies show the stories of people who work to accomplish something they have a dream about. It reminded me of the speech I heard earlier this year given by the young man from Iowa who climbed to the top of Mt. Everest. He spoke of having an "Everest Dream" and how important it is for everyone to have one of these. Something you set your sights on and then work to accomplish it. Right now mine is to lose 100 pounds. I took my belt in another notch today. It feels great.

i know there are some people reading this thing. I put a counter on the bottom and it says 75 have read it. If you discount the 30 or so times I have checked it to edit it or to add a post that is a pretty good number. I hope you are enjoying it. j

No comments: