Monday, February 19, 2007

A Trip to Acanthus and Ramblings

I went to Des Moines tonight to a Third Degree at Acanthus Lodge. I had a great time. Of course, I had to make an excursion out of it. First I went out to Costco and got some gas and some band-aids and a couple of wash cloths. they don't make much money from me.

Next to the Art Store to replace the Cross pen that I had lost. It writes in black, red and also has a pencil. I got to thinking that someone should invent a "thing" which you could carry in your pocket and if you got more than five feet from your pen it would alert you by chiming and playing a recording of "you forgot your pen, dummy" Oh well, I have weird ideas.

Then to supper at my favorite (currently) restaurant Chef's Kitchen on Beaver. I had a super salad and Barbecue Beef.

Then to Lodge. Got to see a fine degree. Many Brothers I knew and there were a lot of new ones. The degree was really done well. Ron L. did one of the best King Solomon's I had ever seen. They have a dinner before Lodge every Monday Night. There were 33 brothers there to see the Degree. Marty Jacobs from Arcadia was also there.

I took my digital camera down and had several pictures taken ---However as usual they looked like me so they went into the trash.... I was looking for something to put on MySpace because the current picture isn't very good. Besides it was taken when I was heavier. I moved my belt in another notch the other day. did I mention I was on a diet?

I do have one picture of me that was taken at the York Rite College meeting by Frank O. but I don't have it scanned into the computer. I guess I will have to try to figure out how to do that.

Have you ever "Googled" yourself? It is kind of fun. I got the idea from Craig Ferguson who is always mentioning "googling" himself. So I tried it and there were several places with my name. It was interesting to find myself quoted in a TrestleBoard from out west. One of my poems is copied entirely on somebody's MySpace in North Carolina. It was strange to see it there. Glad he liked it. It is the one on "Is Masonry a Religion" You can find it on my poetry page. It is linked on the left.

Speaking of links. My friend Bob Kelly has some great pictures at Bob's Photo Adventure also linked at the left. Go take a look at them. Thanks for reading and as always your comments are welcome. j

No comments: