Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A couple of pictures




This was the scene on Ingersol as I drove down to go to the York Rite Meeting. But I was already past so you only get to see about 1/3 of the place. Most everyone had a green tee shirt on and it was very colorful. I snapped the next two out of the front window of the car. I love the reflections in the first picture and the canyon like feeling of the second picture. I have driven by this a couple of times and thought it would make a great picture and I think I was right.

I visited my diabetic doctor the other day and was afraid he was going to put me on more medicine for blood sugar but the letter came yesterday and the blood test number was 6.6 so there is no change necessary. I do need to take some weight off but that does not seem to be going to happen.

All of the snow is gone off the back yard and most of the front yard. Now we have MUD. .. Not fun. Jon took Miles to the woods and when he brought him back had to take him into the shower to wash his feet. Oh yes, they are promising more snow for the week-end. They do not have to deliver on that promise.

Tomorrow night I have the DeMolay Legion of Honor meeting. It is always on the 18th of March and it is a nice group and I enjoy it. Tonight was the York Rite in Des Moines and they had the Easter Service. It was a very nice ceremony. My friend Kurt got some good news and has a better job. I was worried about it but not too much because he is very capable and smart and I figured he would get it. But it is cause for celebration. So Congratulations my Brother it is well deserved.

Oh and I got a new suit - one that fits. I really must loose ...oh well, I have already said that. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL - Hugs.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

love the canyon feel too
nice shots

now let's see a photo of you modeling the new suit :)

DonM said...

Just as long as its not your birthday.