Saturday, March 20, 2010

Laura Chapter School

Today was the Eastern Star School of Inspection here in Ames. Our Instructor (on the right) is Jean who threatened me with a lawsuit if I put her pictures on here. Not to worried about it. On the left is the Secretary of the Board of Custodians and a Past Grand Matron of Iowa. These women have memorized the entire Eastern Star Ritual Opening, Closing, Initiation and they come once a year to sure that the Chapters are doing the work correctly.
Evertt and Dorothy. Dorothy is the mother of our District Instructor and lives in the Eastern Star Home at Boone. She served on the Board with me for 4 years. She has been in Eastern Star for 63 years and is the Secretary of the Chapter at Polk City. One of the reasons I enjoy Star so much is the people I meet there. I have also known Evertt for a long time. He fits the definition of a "true gentleman."

I can't take pictures when the Chapter is open but I snuck a photo in before we got started. Jean is giving some preliminary instruction prior to opening the Chapter.
This is Erma, She is a Past Matron of Laura Chapter. It was my honor to serve as her Worthy Patron. She is a great lady and I am so very proud to call her my friend.
Jean and the Worthy Matron in a pre-meeting conference. Notice the large book on Jean's lap. That is just some of the material they have to go over. I was a little surprised to hear some of Jean's opening remarks and her closing....She got them right here from the "Found For Friday" jokes. I am glad that they were of use. Here are the rest of the photo's Enjoy! Hugs, j

No comments: